The following are resources our members find useful.
Direct Digital Printing on Fabric
Prismatic Foil, Stabilizers, Tyvek, Good Stuff
- www.Meinketoy.com Tyvek, surface design suppies, foil, stabilizers
Phone: 248-813-9806 Fax: 801-991-5983
- Jane Dunnewold Art Cloth www.artclothstudios.com Soy wax, books
- Screen-Trans Development Corporation Foil Sample kit
100 Grand St., Moonachi, NJ 07074 Phone: 201-933-7800 Fax: 201-804-6371
Favorite Chicago Fabric Outlets
- Textile Discount Outlet, 2121 21st Street, Chicago
- Vogue Fabrics www.myvoguefabrics.com or www.voguefabricsstore
718-732 Main Street, Evanston 847-864-9600
and 623-627 W Roosevelt Road, Chicago 312-829-2505
and 16919 Torrence Ave, Lansing 708-474-4200
Traveling Sewing Machine Tote
Plastic Bags & Shipping Boxes
- Streamwood Plastics Lucite Panels for small quilt display, cut to order, ask for flames edges, and 1/4" thick
979 W. Lunt Ave. Schaumburg IL 60193 847-895-9190
- Midland Plastics www.midlandplastics.com Lucite Panels for small quilt display, cut to order, ask for flames edges, and 1/4" thick
5405 S Westridge Ct, New Berlin, WI 262-938-7000
- Evald Moulding www.evaldmoulding.com
421 Dayton Street, Watertown, Wisconsin 414-261-8857 / 1-800-873-3300
- K & M Plastics 847-249-4910
- Gravity Metalworks museum quality metal fabriccation (stands for object, etc.)
- "Vented Sleeve Tutorial"
- "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron
- "Art and Fear" by David Bayles and Ted Orland.
- "The Creative Artist" by Nita Leland.
- "How To Write An Artists Statement" www.contemporaryquiltart.com
- "Uncommon Threads, Ohio’s Art Quilt Revolution" by Gayle Pritchard
- "Breakdown Printing", New Dimensions for Texture & Colour---Committed to Cloth by Claire Benn & Leslie Morgan. www.artclothstudios.com
- "School of Sewing", Shea Henderson